It is a fact that Castlevania is a pinnacle in the genre of dark medieval fantasy animation. The fans are expecting Castlevania season 4 to be surfaced anytime soon, and why they wouldn’t, such compelling storyline was followed in the first three seasons that with 4th season things will only get more excited!
So today we will discuss how Castlevania became such a big hit, and what season 4 holds for us!
It all started in 1986 when a game was released by the name of “Castlevania Vampire Killer”, the emergence of an action-adventure gothic horror video game series that was created and developed by Konami.
In 2006, they successfully sold 20 million copies of their games, with the most acclaimed game being “Symphony of the Night” for PlayStation. But never in the wildest dreams did the developers at Konami thought that their super hit game will be recreated into such an exceptional animated series!
This masterpiece was such a success that it remained the 7th most digital original show around for 2017, by 2018, the series claimed 30 million viewers as per the Netflix analytics.
Castlevania Anime Plot
The story of Castlevania starts with an unfair demise of Dracula’s kind wife who was accused of witchcraft, as a result, Dracula declares that all the people of Wallachia must pay with their lives, and thus he releases the wrath of his monstrous army, causing chaos and countless deaths. However, a monster hunter of reputed Belmont lineage – Trevor Belmont, with aid of a mage Sypha Belandes and Dracula’s half human and half vampire son Alucard decides to bring down these evil forces.
What makes Castlevania such a big hit?
- A potential non-anime series! Not every day do you find an animated series that does not have its production house set up in Japan and yet, the quality of animation and character design is remarkable!
- A classic variation in the elements of the story! If you have already watched the series, you will know that the series is not just about dark fantasy drama revolving around an enraged Dracula Tepes, but an action-packed sequence of Belmont, adventures with Sypha and Alucard and horrors of a massive vampire beastie army!
Now without any further delay lets jump into the part we were waiting for!
Castlevania Season 4 Release Date
Castlevania animated series was first broadcasted on July 7, 2017, which was written and created by Warren Ellis and developed by Adi Shankar. The animated series was premiered on July 7, 2017, on Netflix.
The increased viewership and demand lead to the release of the second season on October 26, 2018, and then came a shining third season on March 5, 2020. On March 27, 2020, Netflix announced the renewal of series for the Season 4 we are desperately waiting for.
Considering that there was a gap of 15 months in Season 1 and 2, and 17 months and Season 2 and 3 and of course the current pandemic situation, I guess that Castlevania Season 4 will be released around September 2021 or October 2021.
The fourth season will also be available to watch on Netflix and might have 12 episodes in total. Netflix series Baki Season 4 will be releasing soon online so check it out as well.
Season 4 cast
We expect the same faces for the sake of consistency.
- Trevor Belmont – Richard Armitage
- Alucard – James Callis
- Sypha Belandes – Alejandra Reynoso
- Dracula – Graham McTavish
- Lisa Tepes – Emily Swallow
- Hector – Theo James
- Issac – Adetokumboh M’Cormack
- Carmilla – Jaime Murray
- Lenore – Jessica Brown
- Morana – Yasmine Al Massri
- Saint Germain – Bill Nighy
- Striga – Ivana Miliĉeviĉ
- Godbrand – Peter Stormare
Castlevania Season 4th Expected Plot
Till now we have 4 leads along with the excitement of the Castlevania season 4! Firstly we saw Taka and Sumi trying to betray and assassinate Alucard, which leads to a hint that now maybe Alucard won’t trust humans anymore and will research into his vampire bloodline.
Then, we saw how Carmilla enslaved Hector, a potential plot change indicating her domination at Wallachia. Issac gets a hold on a very powerful army of demons and a magic mirror. As for Trevor and Sypha, they massacred a crazy worshipping cult, but now the future seems uncertain for them. So yes, Season 4 will be answering lots of speculation regarding the plot!
Though Netflix on its official twitter account confirmed the release of season 4 by an announcement on the 27th of March this year, there has been no further news or any trailer released for the 4th Season from the official sources.
What to do until season 4 gets released?
- You can enjoy Castlevania games in the meantime, the state of art graphics and concept will surely make you fall for the game
- Manga! Yeah, you heard it, there is a manga available by the name of Castlevania: Curse of Darkness, supervised by Koji Irgashi. It consists of 2 volumes; give it a read while you wait for season 4!
So, until the Castlevania Season 4 season goes online, do share your thoughts over the potential plot, and don’t forget to share this article with your friends and also check our articles on Dragon Ball Super Season 2 and Demon Slayer Season 2 as they will be releasing soon as well.
Unfortunately, the trailer for the Netflix official Castlevania 4th season has not been released yet and we will be sharing the Netflix anime trailer as soon as it gets released and stay tuned for more anime news on Recent Highlights.
Leave a Reply