With Haikyu Season 4 coming to an end in 2020, fans were left with the question as to when the anime will return with the next events. Well, here’s some good news, the official website has announced to continue the anime with a Haiky two-part final movie.
Keep reading to know more about the announcement details, release date, and the cast of the movies.
Haikyu is one of the fan-favorite sports anime which has reached massive popularity. Ending Season 4 with a cliffhanger for the most awaited match between the two teams, it’s really surprising to see how the Haikyu fandom has been anticipating the next adaptation announcement without giving up any hope.
With more than 100+ chapters left to be adapted into anime, we can expect the movies to be something that fans can really look forward to.
Haikyu written and illustrated by Haruichi Furudate is an extremely popular manga about volleyball with about 55 million copies in circulation as of 2022. It goes in-depth about teams, characters, and personal and mental struggles of athletes thus making it worthwhile for all its fans.
Although there’s still speculation among fans whether a two-part final movie to end the anime was the right decision or not as people were hoping for a Season 5 to be coming soon, the news has met with generally positive reception.
Let’s get into more details about the announcement of Haikyu movies.
Haikyu Final Movie Announcement
On August 8, 2022, the official site dropped a countdown for a mysterious upcoming event in five days. This raised enough speculation among fans who had eagerly waited for this for a long time, their patience was being rewarded.
With Haikyu celebrating the 10th anniversary of its franchise, the team took to surprise the fans by announcing the title of their new sequel movie of the franchise – Haikyu!! Final Movie.
Dropping the teaser about the now-in-production Haikyu final movie, several manga panels can be made out which gave the fans an idea about what to expect in the upcoming movies.
The event was attended by the author and anime cast in-person, thus making the details clear with their discussion.
Production I.G returns to animate the two-part final movie of the Haikyu franchise with Masako Sato as its head director. Character designs will be helmed by Takahiro Kishida and Takashi Kishimoto will write the script for the upcoming movies.
Haikyu Two-Part Final Movie Release Date
With the Haikyu cast announcing that the Haikyu movies are in production now, we can definitely expect the first part of the movie to be released around September 2023 as a part of the Fall Season Anime.
There has also been an announcement for a special kick-off event planned for the release of the movies on August 2023, thus providing the fans with something to look forward to.
Given the fact that two of the most important match arcs are left to be animated, we can expect the movies to be around two and a half hours.
The production cast has not dropped any official release date for now, but taking the kick-off event into account, definitely it will be released sometime later.
Haikyu Two-Part Final Movie Spoilers
Haikyu manga has a total of 402 chapters with only 209 chapters being animated in the four seasons of the anime, hence ending the series with a two-part final movie is taken rather critically.
The Haikyu teaser dropped during its two-part final movie announcement and went on to cover almost all the events in the manga.
As per the teaser, the panels which have been shown are listed below:
- Nekoma vs. Karasuno match
- Kamomedai vs. Karasuno match
- Hinata Shoyo in Rio
- Kageyama and Hinata are on opposite sides of the court during the Schweiden Adlers vs. MSBY Black Jackals match
With the announcement of the two-part final movie, we are quite interested to know where Part One movie will leave for Part Two of the Final Movie to continue.
Though it’s not totally out of thought to understand what is going to be shown in each movie. Hence, we have come up with a detailed event timeline to break down into two parts for the movie.
Haikyu Final Movie: Part One Spoilers
Of course, the most awaited ‘dumpster’ battle is the one that we are eager to see the most, but matches do not come to an end with just that. There’s a series of different teams competing against each other.
We expect the Haikyu Movie: Part One to feature all events from the match against Nekoma till Hinata reaches Rio.
Manga spoilers are listed below:
- Karasuno High plays their third match in Spring Interhigh Nationals against Nekoma High, Karasuno wins 2-1
- Karasuno High plays their fourth match in Spring Interhigh Nationals against Kamomedai High, Karasuno loses 1-2
- Fukurudani Academy and Ichibayashi High wins their semi-final matches
- Ichibayashi High wins the Spring Interhigh Nationals
- Karasuno High loses to Date Tech in the final rounds of Miyagi Prefecture Interhigh Qualifier
- Karasuno High earns the ticket to the next Spring Interhigh Nationals
- Karasuno High loses to Inarizaki High in its third round of Spring Interhigh Nationals
- Karasuno High qualifies for the next Spring Interhigh Nationals, being the last year of Hinata, Kageyama, Tsukshima, Yamaguchi, and Yachi
- Karasuno High loses to Itachiyama Institute in the semi-finals and gets placed 3rd nationally
- Hinata and the third year’s graduate
- Kageyama enters V.League to play for Schweiden Adlers
- Kageyama enters his first V.League season
- Hinata goes to Rio, Brazil to train in beach volleyball
Haikyu’s first part of the movie is expected to complete all school matches and competitions before they get matured and picked up by teams to represent them.
It can also be speculated that the first movie will tease their time skip to make the fans want for more.
Haikyu Final Movie: Part Two Spoilers
As the first Haikyu movie teases the time skip, we can surely expect a big uproar to see their mature selves. Definitely, it will be nostalgic for fans who have been following their journey for so long and have seen the boys grow up and achieve their dreams.
The second Haikyuu movie will focus more on national teams or matches between different leagues.
To not make the fans wait for more, the greatest wish of Hinata and Kageyama to face each other on opposite sides of the net will be granted as they join different clubs to represent their teams.
Of course, the main highlight was the match between Kageyama and Hinata, but several other exciting events and incidents happen too.
Spoilers from manga are listed below:
- Hinata reaches Rio, Brazil to train in beach volleyball
- Hinata encounters Oikawa in Brazil
- Kageyama makes his debut as part of the Japanese National Team in the Olympics
- Hinata teams up with Heitor Santana as a beach volleyball duo for the Solcard Cup
- Hinata and Heitor play their last match together
- Hinata returns to Japan to pursue as a professional player
- Hinata joins MSBY Black Jackals
- Hinata and Kageyama face each other in MSBY Black Jackels vs Schweinden Adlers in Japan V. League, MSBY Black Jackals won 3-1
The second Haikyu movie is surely anticipated by everyone since Kageyama and Hinata have never faced each other since their middle school match.
With the characters going through developments and joining different teams, it will surely end as a memorable movie for the Haikyuu franchise.
Haikyu Movie Unconfirmed Spoilers
Yes, the story doesn’t end with them facing each other. After Hinata and Kageyama are made to face each other as rivals, who wouldn’t miss the chaotic duo and want back their teamwork again?
Well the manga goes ahead after their showdown but there has been no mention of the later manga panels in the video, so there’s no confirmed news on whether it will be adapted.
The Haikyu Franchise did announce that they will end the anime with a two-part movie, so will it get a just anime ending to make things end fast?
Surely, there’s no harm in knowing what happens next, is it?
Spoilers from the manga are listed below:
- Hinata and Kageyama will play for the Japan National Team in the Tokyo Olympics.
- Hinata’s Japan National Team faces Oikawa’s Argentina Team on Olympic Day 12
- Hinata’s Asas Sao Paolo Team will play against Kageyama’s Ali Roma Team at FIVB Volleyball Men’s World Championships
- Other professional volleyball players also join foreign national teams to play in them
It was really surprising to see that Hinata goes back to Brazil and Kageyama travels to Italy to be on their national teams, but that only means they’ll face each other more in later years.
The manga ends on a satisfying note showing each player what they are doing in their lives.
It will really be wonderful to see it as an ending on the screen, so we can only expect it to be animated rather than receiving an anime-only ending.
Haikyu Two-Part Final Movie Cast
Since the story continues from its high school matches to them being professional players, it has come a long way.
With so many teams playing at the same time, Haikyu First Movie features all the same characters till Season 4 of Haikyuu anime, so there is no change in its cast.
Haikyu Second Movie will surely need to add in new casts due to the appearance of new characters. The additional cast has not been confirmed till now.
The Haikyu manga has really been a great work of Furudate which has been critically acclaimed by its fans around the world, so it will really be satisfying for the fans if the movies are able to hold their place as well in everyone’s hearts.
More details on Haikyu Two-part Final movie will be updated when there’s an update. So stay tuned with Recent Highlights for all the latest news.