Wondering who is the strongest and smartest Classroom Of The Elite Character in the manga, anime, and Light novel? Keep reading to find out!
Classroom Of The Elite is an anime series now which is based on a light novel. While the school mechanisms aren’t simple, students engage in all sorts of activities to emerge as the victor. Surely, only the smartest can survive here.
The series is a complete battle of wits as characters emerge by making strategies or making other people their pawns.
Either, holding your top position or defeating all restrictions along the way to reach the top, is the only motto of the school.
Due to this unique psychological trait, this anime has garnered a huge following and everyone wants to know the smartest of them all.
Top 10 Smartest Classroom Of The Elite Characters
Here we rank the smartest and strongest characters from the Classroom of the elite anime and manga. There are some Light novel spoilers included, so read at your own risk.
Classroom of The Elite Season 3 is also set to be announced soon, how many of you are excited for the anime?
10. Horikita Suzune
Suzune is one of the main characters in the series and is a class representative of Class 1-D and No.10 in our list of Smartest Classroom Of The Elite Characters. She has a serious personality and maintains an anti-social outlook.
Suzune, even though she has great academic abilities is placed in Class D due to her lacking social skills. She usually has a cold and distant attitude as she tends to look down upon others as someone inferior to her.
She is bent on ascending to Class A and strives forward to use all means necessary. Suzune is shown to have a good insight into various situations and handle things by herself. She is even held valuable by Ayanokouji as he uses her as a front to perform all activities behind her.
Horikita Suzune has understood the value of having friends and allies and is slowly getting accustomed to social communication as she is nearing the goal. She is an accomplished student both in academics and sports and boasts of having higher intelligence than people her age.
In several situations, she is seen to have helped Kiyotaka with many tasks or has more analytical skills than him in a few situations.
9. Ryuuen Kakeru
Ryuuen undeniably is seen as one of the characters in a negative light but that does not mean that he is not one of the smartest characters in the series.
Ryuuen is the class representative of Class 1-C and has a delinquent nature. He approaches to make people follow him through fear rather than loyalty or any other emotion. Even though he is confident in his own abilities, he also knows the reach of his abilities thus knowing he will not be able to beat Arisu.
Even though he uses dirty tricks to do his job, he is quick to analyze a situation to turn it to his advantage. Taking his violent nature into consideration, he is very perceptive of his surroundings and can persuade people to think the opposite.
His intelligence is easily seen in the Island Exam arc as he devised a great plan to take down all classes, which would be successful if not for Ayanokouji.
A few light novel spoilers to know his capabilities:
- He could easily persuade Katsuragi from Class A to join him in Class C, by showing his previous doubtful activities to Arisu. This is an extremely great feat.
- Class C is able to perform well and maintain its place in school due to Ryuuen’s insight and leadership as without him there would be constant internal conflict and pandemonium.
8. Nagumo Miyabi
Nagumo is a considerably new character in Classroom Of The Elite anime as we see him swear as the next Student Council President succeeding Manabu. He is currently a student of 3-A.
Though Nagumo’s usual behavior is something difficult to understand along with his highly boasting attitude about himself and his ideals. He is shown to think Manabu as his rival and surpasses him even though Manabu does not return the same feelings.
While the anime still does not reveal much about Nagumo, we have some light novel spoilers for an easier understanding of his abilities:
- Nagumo was originally a student of Class B, but is now a student of Class A. This only shows his ability to make things happen as converting from one class to a class higher is something too difficult.
- He does not back away to use underhanded tactics to achieve everything and also thinks of people as “toys”. He is known to rule with an iron-fist rule while creating a truly meritocratic system.
- He is shown to be persuasive as he could make Ichinose give up her secret and hold it leverage into bullying her to be with him but failed due to Kiyotaka.
- He has a good deal of control over the 3rd year students which made him able to gain more resources and private points while also dominating them.
7. Kiryuin Fuuka
Kiryuin appears in the Year 2 Volume 2 of Classroom Of The Elite light novel and is a third-year student of class 3-B. Though she is nothing more than a supporting character, her abilities rank highest among the usual students.
Kiryuin is a confident person who doesn’t care about the class system. She has no social contribution as she just takes part only when she gets something out of it. Due to her nature, she is even referred to as ‘Female Koenji’.
Here are some light novel spoilers to understand her capability:
- She hardly gets along with the third-years and doesn’t interact with them. But she is easily able to understand their plans of sabotaging Manabu.
- She is the only person in school with an A+ ranking in both academics and physical abilities.
- She easily gets along with Kiyotaka who is hard to get along with. She even teamed up with Kiyotaka to defeat Shiba and Tsukishiro. Kiyotaka complimented her after the fight.
- She is someone who hides or rather doesn’t put the effort into trivial school activities, thus her full abilities are still under the shadow. But she boasts enough intelligence to get into any university she wants to.
6. Horikita Manabu
Manabu has clearly distinguished himself among all the different characters. He is somewhat built differently even if he is lesser than Arisu and Ayanokouji in several aspects. His recognition of both people serves as an important point of the story.
Manabu is a third year in the school and is the Student Council President before he left his seat to Nagumo. He has an amazing intellect with physical prowess. He excels in academics and is known as one of the best presidents that the school ever had.
Horikita is very dedicated to his role of President. He has great athletic skills as he was able to give Ayanokouji a proper opponent in the race. He is also experienced in hand-to-hand combat.
Horikita Manabu is intelligent and perceptive enough to understand Ayanokoji’s potential as someone acting behind the scenes. He also caught on Ayanokouji deliberately scoring 50 out of 100 in exams.
He is also one of the few people who is respected by Ayanokouji.
5. Koenji Rokusuke
Surely, this must come as a surprise if you’re just watching the anime but you can’t shake off the fact that he is a mysterious character.
While Koenji is usually seen to be narcissistic about himself and not putting any effort in his class, some instances raise questions. For starters, his background is not revealed and there is hardly much information about him.
Though, here are some light novel spoilers that might help you understand his abilities better:
- Being in a school with such tricks going on everywhere, it really can’t be imagined that other students never tried targeting Koenji. For sure, he dealt with them with his high IQ without causing a mess.
- In the Uninhabited Island Special Exam, while the first and second years were busy keeping each other in check, Koenji was alone dealing with the third years who resisted them. He also went on to attain the winning spot.
- Koenji is one of the few students who is acknowledged by Ayanokoji and holds power almost equal to him. Not only does he have high intelligence but is also accompanied by great physical abilities.
4. Sakayanagi Arisu
Arisu belongs to Class A and studies in the same year as Ayanokouji. She is also the class representative, which she acquired after defeating Katsuragi.
She has some problems with her leg, the reason for which he walks with the support of a cane, and also is quite short for her age due to heart disease. Even if her appearance may make her seem gullible, she has a dominating aura around her and wields enough power for people to find hard to approach.
Arisu is a natural genius and her capability has been enhanced due to her upbringing. She also loves toying with people and looks at interesting situations happening in school. Though her disabilities do not allow her to personally take part in certain situations, she can easily make use of others due to her nature.
A few light novel spoilers for getting into her nature:
- She is a natural genius and is almost on par with Ayanokouji, as there is an intense brain war going on between them in the Chess Competition.
- She has great analytical and deduction capabilities, the reason why she can easily manage Class A and dominate over them,
- In the Partner Exam, where the difficulty of exams was university level, she was easily able to achieve high grades.
- She is also known to play with the strength of others before breaking them down with their notable weaknesses.
3. Amasawa Ichika
Ichika is introduced as one of the first years in Year 2 Volume 4.5 Classroom Of The Elite light novel. She is under Class 1-A and the smartest female character in Classroom Of The Elite anime and manga.
Ichika comes from the fifth generation of Whiteroom, a year later than Ayanokoji, and works fundamentally differently from the other two students of Whiteroom.
Ichika is shown to have a playful character who has a quick change of thought. She can also manipulate others to her own benefit while also having amazing communication skills due to her upbringing. She is skilled in physical hand-to-hand combat and is labeled as stronger than the boys in her class.
Here are a few light novel spoilers to know her better:
- Ichika being trained in Whiteroom can easily solve advanced Mathematics and answer questions on subjects that are much higher than her age.
- Ichika has a fondness for Kiyotaka thus leading her to protect him against all sorts of plans. She takes care of students of Class A sent by Arisu stalking her.
- Ichika can handle Horikita and Mio alone without having to face any difficulty even when she was injured.
- Ichika also has great surveillance and infiltration techniques which she uses to look into possible dangers by mixing into the surroundings.
2. Yagami Takuya
Yagami appears in Volume 4.5 Year 2 of Classroom Of The Elite light novel. He is a first-year student and the class representative of Class 1-B. Though his appearance is friendly, he definitely is someone to watch out for.
Yagami also comes from the Whiteroom and belongs to a later generation of Ayanokoji. He is also known to start a revolt in the Whiteroom before escaping from there.
Yagami is usually known to be a person with gentle behavior who is respectful of others but things are not as they seem because his original character is worse. Even Ichika is wary of him and tends to avoid him as much as possible.
He is extremely skilled in combat along with great intelligence to par with it, making him one of the smartest Classroom of the elite characters.
Some light novel spoilers to understand his capability:
- Yagami strives to thoroughly manipulate people according to his own benefit by making others rely on him. He has manipulated several people and even Hose despite his violent nature.
- Though Ichika has known him since Whiteroom, she still tends to not get along with him because of his sinister thoughts which can make him assault her anytime.
- Yagami is a well-known freshman and has an A grade in academic ability. He also carries the highest score in OAA.
- He is very observant and has great deduction skills which made him able to deduce the fifth question of the Unanimous Voting Exam which even Ayanokoji didn’t think of.
1. Kiyotaka Ayanokouji
Ayanokouji is our beloved protagonist of the series and also No. 1 in our list of the smartest Classroom Of The Elite Characters.
Although he tries to hide his presence and skills by doing activities behind the scenes, it can be clearly distinguished now that someone has been the strings all this time.
Ayanokouji comes from the Whiteroom which is a facility to produce kids with genius brains, and he is deemed as the Masterpiece of this ruthless place. Surely, his abilities are no joke.
While his physical, intellectual, and academic abilities are much higher than a normal student’s due to his upbringing, he tends to hide them from the public thus not standing out at all. Although he does not want back down when there is an absolute necessity.
Surely, we have already known his skills to make everything happen inside the school by slyly persuading the people around him. His deduction and analytical skills are top-notch thus being easily able to understand a person and their future actions. Though he intentionally ended up in Class D for not wanting live an eventful life.
Here are some future plans or feats devised by Ayanokouji in the light novel:
- He is extremely skilled in hand-to-hand combat and also has a vast knowledge of other types of combat, as he could easily use a gun with one hand in the festival.
- He could also score a perfect 100 on the most difficult exams of all time held in the school.
- He skillfully exposed Kushida to the class while he kept his image perfect.
- He could win against Arisu in the Chess Competition even though she is a natural genius.
- He has devised many plans to gather points for the whole class, the reason being Class D was able to reach Class by only in their second year.
Well, Ayanokouji keeps doing several activities behind the scenes as he does not want recognition. Only a handful of people understand his abilities. While he has never shown his full potential, the future can be quite scary.
All of the information is taken from the actions conducted by them in showing their great feats in the series. The light novel is no way near its end, so the information also changes with the introduction of new characters in the series.
There is still a lot to be revealed in the series, so we can only hope these characters do some insane tasks as the competition between classes is getting heated up.